RE: [BUG]Update Toast data failure in logical replication

От tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: [BUG]Update Toast data failure in logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hi

I have some questions with your patch. Here are two cases I used to check the bug.

Case1(PK toasted_key is short), data could be synchronized on HEAD.

---------------

INSERT INTO toasted_key(toasted_key, toasted_col1) VALUES('111', repeat('9876543210', 200));

UPDATE toasted_key SET toasted_col2 = toasted_col1;

Case2(PK toasted_key is very long), data couldnt be synchronized on HEAD.(which is the bug)

INSERT INTO toasted_key(toasted_key, toasted_col1) VALUES(repeat('9876543210', 200), '111');

UPDATE toasted_key SET toasted_col2 = toasted_col1;

So I think the bug is only related with the length of primary key.

I noticed that in case1, ExtractReplicaIdentity function returned NULL on HEAD. But after your fix, it didnt return NULL. There is no problem with this case on HEAD, but the patch modified its return value. Im not sure if it would bring new problems. Have you checked it?

Regards

Tang