[BUG] Unexpected action when publishing partition tables

От tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com
Тема [BUG] Unexpected action when publishing partition tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

I met a problem when using logical replication. Maybe it's a bug in logical replication.
When publishing a partition table without replica identity, update
or delete operation can be successful in some cases.

For example:
create table tbl1 (a int) partition by range ( a );
create table tbl1_part1 partition of tbl1 for values from (1) to (101);
create table tbl1_part2 partition of tbl1 for values from (101) to (200);
insert into tbl1 select generate_series(1, 10);
delete from tbl1 where a=1;
create publication pub for table tbl1;
delete from tbl1 where a=2;

The last DELETE statement can be executed successfully, but it should report
error message about missing a replica identity.

I found this problem on HEAD and I could reproduce this problem at PG13 and
PG14. (Logical replication of partition table was introduced in PG13.)

Regards
Tang