RE: Added schema level support for publication.

От tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Added schema level support for publication.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday, October 19, 2021 12:57 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 9:15 AM tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com
> <tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Monday, October 18, 2021 8:23 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks for the comments, the attached v42 patch has the fixes for the same.
> >
> > Thanks for your new patch.
> >
> > I tried your patch and found that the permission check for superuser didn't work.
> >
> > For example:
> > postgres=# create role r1;
> > CREATE ROLE
> > postgres=# grant all privileges on database postgres to r1;
> > GRANT
> > postgres=# set role r1;
> > SET
> > postgres=> create schema s1;
> > CREATE SCHEMA
> > postgres=> create publication pub for all tables in schema s1;
> > CREATE PUBLICATION
> >
> > Role r1 is not superuser, but this role could create publication for all tables in
> schema
> > successfully, I think it is related the following change. List schemaidlist was
> > not assigned yet. I think we should check it later.
> >

> It seems this got broken in yesterday's patch version. Do you think it
> is a good idea to add a test for this case?

Agreed. Thanks for your suggestion.

I tried to add this test to publication.sql, a patch diff file for this test is attached.

Regards
Tang

Вложения

От: Masahiko Sawada
От: Bharath Rupireddy
Сообщение: Re: can we add subscription TAP test option "vcregress subscriptioncheck" for MSVC builds?