RE: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby

От Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)
Тема RE: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Дата
Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby  (Bertrand Drouvot <bertranddrouvot.pg@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Friday, February 23, 2024 10:18 AM Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu) <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > Since the slotsync worker patch has been committed, I rebased the
> > remaining patches.
> > And here is the V95 patch set.
> >
> > Also, I fixed a bug in the current 0001 patch where the member of the
> > standby slot names list pointed to the freed memory after calling
> ProcessConfigFile().
> > Now, we will obtain a new list when we call ProcessConfigFile(). The
> > optimization to only get the new list when the names actually change
> > has been removed. I think this change is acceptable because
> > ProcessConfigFile is not a frequent occurrence.
> >
> > Additionally, I reordered the tests in
> > 040_standby_failover_slots_sync.pl. Now the new test will be conducted
> > after the sync slot test to prevent the risk of the logical slot
> > occasionally not catching up to the latest catalog_xmin and, as a result, not
> being able to be synced immediately.
>
> There is one unexpected change in the previous version, sorry for that.
> Here is the correct version.

I noticed one CFbot failure[1] which is because the tap-test doesn't wait for the
standby to catch up before promoting, thus the data inserted after promotion
could not be replicated to the subscriber. Add a wait_for_replay_catchup to fix it.

Apart from this, I also adjusted some variable names in the tap-test to be
consistent. And added back a mis-removed ProcessConfigFile call.

[1] https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6126787437002752?logs=check_world#L312

Best Regards,
Hou zj

Вложения