RE: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side

От houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday, September 21, 2021 12:53 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've attached the updated version patches. Please review them.

Thanks for updating the patch,
here are a few comments on the v14-0001 patch.

1)
+                hash_ctl.keysize = sizeof(Oid);
+                hash_ctl.entrysize = sizeof(SubscriptionRelState);
+                not_ready_rels_htab = hash_create("not ready relations in subscription",
+                                                  64,
+                                                  &hash_ctl,
+                                                  HASH_ELEM | HASH_BLOBS);
+

ISTM we can pass list_length(not_ready_rels_list) as the nelem to hash_create.

2)

+    /*
+     * Search for all the dead subscriptions and error entries in stats
+     * hashtable and tell the stats collector to drop them.
+     */
+    if (subscriptionHash)
+    {
+        HTAB       *htab;
+

It seems we already delacre a "HTAB *htab;" in function pgstat_vacuum_stat(),
can we use the existing htab here ?

3)

     PGSTAT_MTYPE_RESETREPLSLOTCOUNTER,
+    PGSTAT_MTYPE_SUBSCRIPTIONERR,
+    PGSTAT_MTYPE_SUBSCRIPTIONERRRESET,
+    PGSTAT_MTYPE_SUBSCRIPTIONERRPURGE,
+    PGSTAT_MTYPE_SUBSCRIPTIONPURGE,
     PGSTAT_MTYPE_AUTOVAC_START,

Can we append these values at the end of the Enum struct which won't affect the
other Enum values.

Best regards,
Hou zj