RE: Added schema level support for publication.

От houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Added schema level support for publication.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From Thur, Sep 2, 2021 2:33 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 6:58 AM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >
> > Here are some other comments for v23-000x patches.
> > 3)
> >
> > +                                                         .description =
> "PUBLICATION SCHEMA",
> > +                                                         .section =
> SECTION_POST_DATA,
> > +                                                         .createStmt
> > + = query->data));
> >
> > Is it better to use something like 'PUBLICATION TABLES IN SCHEMA' to
> > describe the schema level table publication ? Because there could be
> > some other type publication such as 'ALL SEQUENCES IN SCHEMA' in the
> > future, it will be better to make it clear that we only publish table in schema in
> this patch.
>
> Modified

Thanks for updating the patch.

I think we might also need to mention the publication object 'table' in the
following types:

1)
+    /* OCLASS_PUBLICATION_SCHEMA */
+    {
+        "publication schema", OBJECT_PUBLICATION_SCHEMA
+    },

2)
+    PUBLICATIONOBJ_SCHEMA,        /* Schema type */
+    PUBLICATIONOBJ_UNKNOWN        /* Unknown type */
+} PublicationObjSpecType;

3)
+    DO_PUBLICATION_SCHEMA,

I think it might be to change the typename like XX_REL_IN_SCHEMA,
and adjust the comments.

Best regards,
Hou zj