RE: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby

От Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)
Тема RE: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday, November 9, 2023 6:54 PM shveta malik <shveta.malik@gmail.com> wrote:

> PFA v32 patches which has below changes:

Thanks for updating the patch.

Here are few comments:

1.
Do we need to update the slot upgrade code in pg_upgrade to upgrade the slot's failover
property as well ?

2.
The check for wal_level < WAL_LEVEL_LOGICAL.

It seems the existing codes disallow slot creation if wal_level is not
sufficient, I am thinking we might need similar check in slot sync worker.
Otherwise, the synced slot could not be used after standby promotion.

Best Regards,
Hou zj