RE: Allow escape in application_name

От houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Allow escape in application_name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From Friday, September 10, 2021 11:24 AM kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com>
> > We can simplify the code as follows.
> >
> >      if (values[i] != '\0')
> >          break;
>
> Fixed. And type mismatching was also fixed.
>
> > IMO it's better to use process_padding() to process log_line_prefix
> > and postgres_fdw.application in the same way as possible.
> > Which would be less confusing.
>
> OK, I followed that. Some comments were added above the function.

Hi Kuroda-san,

I found one minor thing in the patch.

+                    appendStringInfoSpaces(buf,
+                                           padding > 0 ? padding : -padding);

Is it better to use Abs(padding) here ?
Although some existing codes are using " padding > 0 ? padding : -padding ".

Best regards,
Hou zj