RE: Support escape sequence for cluster_name in postgres_fdw.application_name

От r.takahashi_2@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Support escape sequence for cluster_name in postgres_fdw.application_name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Thank you for developing this feature.
I think adding escape sequence for cluster_name is useful too.

> Is the reason for 'C' in upper-case to avoid possible conflict with
> 'c' of log_line_prefix?  I'm not sure that preventive measure is worth
> doing.  Looking the escape-sequence spec alone, it seems to me rather
> strange that an upper-case letter is used in spite of its lower-case
> is not used yet.

I think %c of log_line_prefix (Session ID) is also useful for postgres_fdw.application_name.
Therefore, how about adding both %c (Session ID) and %C (cluster_name)?

Regards,
Ryohei Takahashi