RE: Client Side Connection Pooling

От August Zajonc
Тема RE: Client Side Connection Pooling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Most pooling is in essense a form of multiplexing. For transactions this can
be a bad thing.

10 connections -> pooler -> 2 worker connections

Incoming connection #1 (I1) issues BEGIN WORK
I1 statement passed to outgoing #1 -> O1

I2 and I3 statements flow through to -> O2
I4 statement UPDATE Row_never_to_be_rolled_back_ever goes through -> O1
I1 issues rollback -> O1
I4 statement rolledback along with I1 statements...

By only allowing a switch on commits, you avoid this (multiplexing against
transaction commits). There's probably a proper term for this. Send away
didn't know libdbi did pooling, otherwise they look like they have a nice
thing going.

AZ