Re: Running PostgreSQL on Windows

От Andy Kriger
Тема Re: Running PostgreSQL on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
You can run PSQL as a WinNT service using Cygwin so that once you set it up
you never need touch Cygwin again. Install Cygwin and look in
$CYGWIN_HOME/usr/doc/Cygwin/<postgres.readme>. There are complete
instructions on setting this up. Definitely make sure you have the latest
version of the necessary Cygwin libraries before starting (see that readme
for details).

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of
karthikeyan.balasubramanian
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 10:31
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] Running PostgreSQL on Windows

Hi All,

  I am new to this list.  I started to like PostgreSQL not by working on it
but hearing a lot about good about it.

  I want to work with PostgreSQL on Win98 (that's my development
environment).  I know that through Cygwin its possible
but I don't that.  I want my Windows PHP program to work comfortably with
PostgreSQL much like it worked with Mysql.

  It is so easy to setup MySQL, just download it and install the ODBC
program and type mysql from the command prompt in the mysql directory.  Why
is PostgreSQL not like this but need unix like environment to make it run.

  Please suggest some other technique.  I don't mind compiling source file
using VC++.  I got VC++ 6.0.

  Have a great day.

Karthikeyan B

http://archives.postgresql.org