Re: Access, ODBC and "other users"

От Henry Alfke
Тема Re: Access, ODBC and "other users"
Список pgsql-odbc

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Steve Crawford
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 12:06 AM
To: Greg Campbell; tech@murrain.net
Cc: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ODBC] Access, ODBC and "other users"

On Tuesday 04 November 2003 6:22 am, Greg Campbell wrote:
> My first guess has to do with transactioning. Are you using any
> type of explicit transactions (BeginTrans) that might not have
> committed or rolled back, while your overnight script was changing
> the data?

No, it's one of many oddities in Access/ODBC. Even on a small PG table
used by only one person we see this in Access. We haven't figured it
out, yet, but we know it doesn't occur on all tables. Our solution
will probably be to just phase out Access as we did with MSSQL but if
we figure it out I'll post the info.

Cheers,
Steve

               http://archives.postgresql.org