ENABLE ROW LEVEL SECURITY cause huge produce of checkpoints

От david.turon@linuxbox.cz
Тема ENABLE ROW LEVEL SECURITY cause huge produce of checkpoints
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

we tried new feature RLS - tested on postgres 9.5.3 / CentOS6. When we turn on ENABLE RLS + FORCE RLS on normal workload cause huge produce checkpoints (about 30x or more), our disk partition for xlog was full and log shipping to replica maybe delayed removing old checkpoints. Have anybody same experiences after turn on RLS? Looks like more buffers set as dirty.  Yes, we can provide more space for xlog, but it will take much more space for xlog backups. We do not know if it's worth it. We had log_checkpoints ON and I send log as attachment (RLS Turn ON at 13:26).

Thanks for any idea  or explanation reasons if its normal behavior.

David
(See attached file: checkpoints)

--
-------------------------------------
Ing. David TUROŇ

tel.:    +420 591 166 224
fax:    +420 596 621 273
mobil:  +420 732 589 152
www.linuxbox.cz

mobil servis: +420 737 238 656
email servis: servis@linuxbox.cz

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Turning slave into a master - PostgreSQL 9.2
Сообщение: Re: Turning slave into a master - PostgreSQL 9.2