MS SQL Migration - Fix to migrate milliseconds

От Alban Colley
Тема MS SQL Migration - Fix to migrate milliseconds
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi All

I was attempting to migrate a large MSSQL2000 DB when I was surprised to be
inform that I had duplicate entries on the primary key. I then update the
type map for int to be int8 and date to be timestamp which helped but still
gave me problems.  I then realised that the tables that where failings had
timestamps as part of there primary keys (log tables).  On investigation I
found that the milliseconds where not being migrated.

Issue:

MSSQL2000 only show seconds by default for a select
i.e. 2001-12-04 09:57:08.950  becomes  04-12-2001 09:57:09

Fix:

For timestamp fields replace 'select datefield from tables' with 'select
CONVERT(char(30), datefield, 121) as datefield from table'

This was harder than I expected as the current code does a select * to
import the data which required me to create a field list.

I have implemented this fix and attached is the patch and the Migrate_Data()
procedure containing my mods.

Alban

Вложения