Re: #Personal#: Reg: Multiple queries in a transaction

От Medhavi Mahansaria
Тема Re: #Personal#: Reg: Multiple queries in a transaction
Дата
Re: #Personal#: Reg: Multiple queries in a transaction  (Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi Bill,

Thanks!

But savepoint concept will not work for me as desired.

Is there any other way apart from SAVEPOINT that can be incorporated.

I am not using a script. I am writing a c++ program.

My problem is that I have 2 cases:

Case 1: When Q2 fails (we delete the error), i want to continue to Q3 and commit changes done by Q1 and Q3 once Q3 has executed successfully.

Case 2: When Q2 fails, I want it to throw an error. and rollback the changes made by Q1 and not proceed to Q3 at all.

Note: This is just a small example. I need a solution for an entire application which follows the same concept across multiple queries.

How can I incorporate this?

Thanks & Regards
Medhavi Mahansaria
Tata Consultancy Services Limited