Re: Not connecting to the postgresql server

От espeake@oreillyauto.com
Тема Re: Not connecting to the postgresql server
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
pgpool.  I have actually found what that issue is.  I just have to see how
secure the solution is.  postgresql doesn't like to use md5 with the
authentication from the pgpool servers.  Now the rest of my issues are with
pgpool.

Thanks,
Eric Speake
Web Systems Administrator
O'Reilly Auto Parts(417) 862-2674  Ext. 1975

From:    Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>
To:    espeake@oreillyauto.com
Cc:    pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Date:    05/09/2014 08:26 AM
Subject:    Re: [pgadmin-support] Not connecting to the postgresql server

On Thu, 2014-05-08 at 07:53 -0500, espeake@oreillyauto.com wrote:
> I need help with why my server is having issues.  There is nothing in the
> logs showing any errors on startup.  This is the command and error I get
> from a remote server when testing.
>

> psql -h 172.16.36.231 -p 9999 -l
>

> psql: ERROR:  MD5 authentication is unsupported in replication,
> master-slave and parallel modes.
> HINT:  check pg_hba.conf
>
> This is from the pg_hba file on my master pgpool server.
>
> host    all    postgres      <xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/xx>   trust
>
> The ip address covers the entire network at the moment.
>
> Looking through the help documents through out the internet not really
> finding guidance.  running version 3.3.3-1

Version 3.3.3 of what?

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content,
and is believed to be clean. Message id: 16052600498.AE460

This communication and any attachments are confidential, protected by Communications Privacy Act 18 USCS � 2510, solely
forthe use of the intended recipient, and may contain legally privileged material. If you are not the intended
recipient,please return or destroy it immediately. Thank you.