Re: slow update

От Patrick Hatcher
Тема Re: slow update
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Thanks.  No foreign keys and I've been bitten by the mismatch datatypes and
checked that before sending out the message :)

Patrick Hatcher
Development Manager  Analytics/MIO
Macys.com

             Tom Lane
             <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.u
             s>                                                         To
                                       Patrick Hatcher
             10/13/2005 11:34          <PHatcher@macys.com>
                                       postgres performance list
                                       <pgsql-performance@postgresql.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [PERFORM] slow update

Patrick Hatcher <PHatcher@macys.com> writes:
> Pg 7.4.5

> Trying to do a update of fields on 23M row database.
> Is it normal for this process to take 16hrs and still clocking?

Are there foreign keys pointing at the table being updated?  If so,
failure to index the referencing columns could create this sort of
performance problem.  Also, in 7.4 you'd better be sure the referencing
columns are the same datatype as the referenced column.