Re: How to remove old pg RPMs?

От Patrick Hatcher
Тема Re: How to remove old pg RPMs?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

Thank you!

                    "Josh Trutwin"

                    <josh@trutwins.homeip.n       To:     <pgsql-novice@postgresql.org>

                    et>                           cc:

                    Sent by:                      Subject:     Re: [NOVICE] How to remove old pg RPMs?

                    pgsql-novice-owner@post

                    gresql.org

                    02/17/2003 08:50 AM

> I'm not very well versed in Linux command line.  How do I remove Pg
> 7.2.2 that I installed via RH 8 RPMs so that I can install Pg 7.3.2?  I
> tried installing using rpm -Uvh, believing I could just update.
> However, I got all sorts of error messages.  I figured I would try
> uninstalling the old version first.

try:

rpm -qa | grep -i postgres

This will list all the postgres RPM's installed on your system.

Then to uninstall:

rpm -e whatever.rpm

(replacing whatever.rpm with the files from the previous cmd, you can list
multiple RPM files)

I usually install from source, so I'm not sure if anything on your system
depends on Postgres being installed...

Josh