Re: LIMIT causes planner to do Index Scan using a less optimal index

От Sherry.CTR.Zhu@faa.gov
Тема Re: LIMIT causes planner to do Index Scan using a less optimal index
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Please just let me know if Postgres can do this kind of index or not.

create index idx1 on tb1(col1, col2)

Then later we can find it is useful or useless.

Thanks much!

Xuefeng Zhu (Sherry)
Crown Consulting Inc. -- Oracle DBA
AIM Lab Data Team
(703) 925-3192

Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman@gmail.com>
Sent by: pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org

04/07/2010 09:12 AM

Sherry CTR Zhu/AWA/CNTR/FAA@FAA
cc
Joel Jacobson <joel@gluefinance.com>, pgsql-performance@postgresql.org, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>
Subject
Re: [PERFORM] LIMIT causes planner to do Index Scan using a less         optimal index