Re: Vacuum hangs

От Patrick Hatcher
Тема Re: Vacuum hangs
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Will do thanks.  I ended up dropping and recreating the index and that
seems to have fixed the problem.

Patrick Hatcher

             Tom Lane
             <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.u
             s>                                                         To
                                       Patrick Hatcher
             11/09/2004 12:06          <PHatcher@macys.com>
                                       pgsql-general@postgresql.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [GENERAL] Vacuum hangs

Patrick Hatcher <PHatcher@macys.com> writes:
> Doing a Vacuum Analyze on a table and it's been hanging for at least 2
> hours.  I could see no other users hitting the table at the time.  This
is
> the second time this has happened on this particular table and I can't
> seem to pin point the issue.   If I kill the PID and restart the vacuum
> analyze it works fine.  Any suggestion where I start searching?

Next time, please attach to the vacuuming backend with gdb and get a
stack trace.  The pg_locks output doesn't tell us anything except that
the problem isn't a lock :-(