Can we overload = operator to word numeric = text

От venkatrao.b@tcs.com
Тема Can we overload = operator to word numeric = text
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hello,

We have migrated oracle  database to postgre.
In oracle char to numeric type conversion is explicit (i.e. we can compare char = numeric); but in postgre it is throwing errors. There are so many functions - around 2000, and we can not go and do explict type casting in every function , where there is problem.

Is there any way to come out of this problem. I mean is there any way to make = operator work for numeric = charater varying .
Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

Venkat
and any attachments. Thank you