performance error

От
Тема performance error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32

Hi to all,

I downloaded the last win32-snapshot and got it all in a ready state.

After that I created a simple testtable like

CREATE TABLE public.testdaten1

(

 id int4 NOT NULL,

 name varchar(20),

 firstname varchar(20),

 CONSTRAINT testdaten1_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id)

) WITH OIDS;

GRANT ALL ON TABLE public.testdaten1 TO public;

Now I tested a simple c++ program which, do many inserts within a for-loop (connected over ODBC)

I'm not sure but I think the performance is not very well (it's really bad)

cpu-usage between 0 and 5 %

harddisc is permanently busy but the inserting-process is very slow (50000 records in 30 minutes)

Are there any ideas to get rid of this problem ?

Regards tom

Вложения