Re: pl pgsql grammer file contains error

От Paramveer.Singh@trilogy.com
Тема Re: pl pgsql grammer file contains error
Дата
Re: pl pgsql grammer file contains error  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general

Further info on the problem I sent some hours back:
the version of bison I am using is: 1.75
version of m4:
----- Forwarded by Paramveer Singh/Trilogy on 12/08/2004 08:38 PM -----
Paramveer Singh

12/08/2004 07:58 PM

        To:        pgsql-general@postgresql.org
        cc:
        Subject:        pl pgsql grammer file contains error

hi!
I tried to extend the grammer for plpgsql by editing

postgresql-7.4.3/src/pl/plpgsql/src/gram.y

but as soon as you compile it (even without any changes)
it gives an error

user$ make
bison -y -d gram.y
/usr/bin/m4: ERROR: EOF in string

Has this been overlooked as the generated C file is also present in the distro and no one noticed that the grammer file does not compile any more?

The database still installs and runs fine if installed using the configure and make drill

thanks
paraM