PostgresSQL 9.2 Installation

От Vanukuri Pravallika
Тема PostgresSQL 9.2 Installation
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Team,

I have installed "PostgreSQL 9.2 in my local machine". And I am trying to execute the below statement.
statement:
"DECLARE v_num number".

And I am getting the below error:
 type "number" does not exist.

And its not supporting any oracle data types functions.As I knew "PostgressSQL9.2" supports pl/sql data types and functions.

 Kindly suggest what can be the issue and how to go about it

v.pravallika
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: vanukuri.pravallika@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com