no value for numeric filed in SQL statement causes an error

От juerg.rietmann@pup.ch
Тема no value for numeric filed in SQL statement causes an error
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi there

I have a table with char and int fields. From my form  I get no values back
for int fields when they are left blank. This causes the SQL insert to
fail.

field     type
name char
id   int2
city char

insert into table (name,id,city) values ('roger rabbit',,'carrot city')

The default for int/float fields is 0. Since I reuse the code of the
referring page I don't like to have all fields assigned 0 at the beginning.

Who can help ???

Thanks ... jr

PFISTER + PARTNER, SYSTEM - ENGINEERING AG
Juerg Rietmann
Grundstrasse 22a
6343 Rotkreuz
Switzerland