Re: Error connecting to PgSQL server

От Michiel Lange
Тема Re: Error connecting to PgSQL server
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Dear Juan,

In $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf you need to define which hosts have what kind of
access. Here's a sample pg_hba.conf:

# TYPE          DATABASE        USER    IP-ADDRESS      IP-MASK METHOD
local           all             all trust
host            all             all     127.0.0.1       255.255.255.255
trust
host            all             all     12.34.56.78     255.255.255.255
md5
host            all             all     192.168.1.0     255.255.255.0 md5

Hope this helps solving the problem... after altering this pg_hba.conf,
you need to restart your database...

With kind regards,

Michiel Lange,
Technisch Consultant
ActuEra B.V.

mail    : mil@actuera.com
tel     : 010-2075400
fax     : 010-2075401
www     : www.actuera.com

De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en
is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht
onterecht ontvangt, wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te gebruiken en
de afzender direct te informeren door het bericht te retourneren.
The information contained in this message may be confidential
and is intended to be exclusively for the addressee. Should you
receive this message unintentionally, please do not use the contents
herein and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail.

<jcostello@datafull.com>
Sent by: pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org
11-06-2004 19:08
Please respond to jcostello
       To:     <pgadmin-support@postgresql.org>       cc:        Subject:        [pgadmin-support] Error connecting to
PgSQLserver

Hello,
I am writing to you because I need some advice. I have a Mandrake 10 box
running PgSQL server, Webmin, PgAdmin, and PgAccess. I used Webmin to
start up the server, configured the allowed hosts and users, connects all
ok. The data I entered is:

Allowed Hosts

Local Connections     All databases    All users   No authentication

Users       Requires pass?       Can create databases?              Can
create users?            Valid until

postgres         No                                    Yes        Yes           Forever
root                 No                                    Yes      Yes                    Forever

Webmin detects the server ok, and all works. But pgAdmin tells this error:

Error connecting to the server. Connection refused.
Is the server running on host 127.0.0.1 and accepting TCP/IP connections
on port 5432?

I don't know why pgAdmin says this. pgAccess does the same thing.

Hope you can guide me in solving this thing.
Thanks in advance.

Juan

Datafull - 100% Internet Gratis
http://www.datafull.com