Re: Rescue data after power off

От Jayadevan M
Тема Re: Rescue data after power off
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Yesterday my server is power off, when i start server, some of table is
blank. Is there anyway to rescue it.
The "Power Off" - is it a planned/regular one? If yes, it makes sense to
have a normal shutdown of the database before the "Power Off".
You said "some of table is blank". If those tables just got populated
before the "Power Off" and the transactions were committed, PostgreSQL
might have used WALS and recovered.
Some information on what data was expected to be in those tables and how
they were populated , messages you got when you restarted PostgreSQL
server etc might give a better idea to those in forum who are in a
position to help.
Regards,
Jayadevan