Re: pl/pgsql oddity

От Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com
Тема Re: pl/pgsql oddity
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I blew the parenthesis around the conditional expression also.  Hence the
*old* comment.

                      Bruno Wolff III

                      <bruno@wolff.to>         To:       Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com

                                               cc:       Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org>, Geoffrey
<esoteric@3times25.net>,
                      12/16/2004 06:13          pgsql-general@postgresql.org, pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org

                      PM                       Subject:  Re: pl/pgsql oddity

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 15:34:03 -0500,
  Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com wrote:
> I prefer the FORTRAN66 construct
>
> IF <condition> <label1> <label2> <label3>

My memory is that those labels were separated by commas.

> where it jumps to label1 if <condition> is negative, label2 if zero, and
> label3 if positive.  No else ifs about it.
>
> I hope you realize I'm as kidding as I am obviously too old.

As long as you are dredging up old Fortran; in my opinion computed
gotos were harder to follow than the ones based on the sign of an
expression.

Вложения