C interface libpq.so.2 problem

От dsmclennan@spipowernet.com.au
Тема C interface libpq.so.2 problem
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hi ,

as a new user I have followed the Momjian libpq sample program format

#include "libpq-fe.h"

and cc -I/usr/local/pgsql/include -o myapp myapp.c
-L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lpq

my application compiles but on execution gives

libpq.so.2: cannot open shared object file

Similar problems have been listed before but none of the suggestions fixed
my problem.
Does anyone recognise this problem?

Thanks

David McLennan