Re: bytea & perl

От SCassidy@overlandstorage.com
Тема Re: bytea & perl
Дата
Список pgsql-general

You don't use quote when using placeholders, but you will have to escape the special characters, as mentioned previously.

The note in DBD:Pg perldoc that says this:

           NOTE: The undocumented (and invalid) support for the "SQL_BINARY"
           data type is officially deprecated. Use "PG_BYTEA" with
           "bind_param()" instead:

Is talking abojut SQL_BINARY, not PG_BYTEA being deprecated as a type name.

You use quote when building statements inline, like:

my $modelq=$dbh->quote($model);

 $stmt=qq(select id, model from tbl1 where model = $modelq)

Susan Cassidy

Tom Allison <tom@tacocat.net>

05/25/2007 04:15 AM

SCassidy@overlandstorage.com
cc
General PostgreSQL List <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Subject
Re: [GENERAL] bytea & perl

I think the quote() part for bytes is deprecated already?

    my $string = "(" . join($glue, map{$dbh->quote($_,PG_BYTEA)} @$tokens) . ")";

returns
Unknown type 17, defaulting to VARCHAR
as a warning...