Re: a stored procedure ..with integer as the parameter

От SCassidy@overlandstorage.com
Тема Re: a stored procedure ..with integer as the parameter
Дата
Список pgsql-general
First, you should not quote an integer value going into an integer column -
bad habit to get into.

Second, empty string is not an integer.

Susan

                           "surabhi.ahuja"

                      <surabhi.ahuja@iiitb.ac        To:       <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>

                      .in>                           cc:

                           Sent by:                  Subject:  [GENERAL] a stored procedure ..with integer as the
parameter

                                                      |-------------------|

                      pgsql-general-owner@pos         | [ ] Expand Groups |

                      tgresql.org                     |-------------------|

                           10/20/2005 11:03

                      PM

 i have a stored procedure

insert_table(integer)
 which does "insert into table (x) value ($1)";

now in my client i call the stored procedure as

select insert_table("3");

it works fine and inserts 3 into the table

but suppose i give

select insert_table("");

it gives an error ...saying "  invalid input syntax for integer: "

please suggest a solution to this problem

thanks,
reagrds
surabhi

See our award-winning line of tape and disk-based
backup & recovery solutions at http://www.overlandstorage.com