CPU Utilization 100%...

От Christopher.Becker@apcc.com
Тема CPU Utilization 100%...
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

       This is a pretty specific scenario, so I'm not sure if anyone has
       anythoughts or not.

       I've got a delphi app connecting to a postgres server (with MicroLap
       PostgresDAC)...
       My app is doing a continuous loop of inserts.  I have a "Pause"
       button with
       opens up a modal dialog box which halts the inserts until it's
       closed.

       From the Modal dialog box, the user has the option of closing the
       connection
       to the db.  The problem is, when I hit pause, the CPU utilization of
       the
       postgres server goes through the roof (99%-100%).  Even if I
       disconnect the
       db connection, at that point, the CPU stays at 100%.  If I
       reconnect, and
       resume my app, the cpu drops back down to it's regular operating
       levels.

       I thought that by disconnecting, the server would drop it's
       processor
       level.. but it seems like something is still holding on.

       Any thoughts?