Re: PostgreSQL, WIndows, regular backup

От SCassidy@overlandstorage.com
Тема Re: PostgreSQL, WIndows, regular backup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This works to put the date in the filename on Windows 2000:

In a .bat file:

   @echo off
   for /f "tokens=1-4 delims=/ " %%i in ("%date%") do (
     set dow=%%i
     set month=%%j
     set day=%%k
     set year=%%l
   )
   set datestr=%month%_%day%_%year%
   echo datestr is %datestr%

   set BACKUP_FILE=MYDB_%datestr%
   echo backup file name is %BACKUP_FILE%

This creates a filename MYDB_mm_dd_yy.  When you run the little test .bat
script above, you will get:

datestr is 06_30_2005
backup file name is MYDB_06_30_2005

Hope this helps.
Susan

                           Zlatko Matić

                      <zlatko.matic1@sb.t-com        To:       <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>

                      .hr>                           cc:

                           Sent by:                  Subject:  [GENERAL] PostgreSQL, WIndows, regular backup

                                                      |-------------------|

                      pgsql-general-owner@pos         | [ ] Expand Groups |

                      tgresql.org                     |-------------------|

                           06/30/2005 09:52

                      AM

Hello.
I would appreciate if someone helps me to resolve this problem about
regular backups on Windows. I have a batch file (.bat) for backup, but
don't know how to include timestamp in backup file name. In this way I
allways have only one, the most recent, backup file. I want Windows to
produce regular backups with timestamp in file's name...The script is the
following:
pg_dump -f D:\MYDB_BCP -Fc -x -h localhost -U postgres MYDB
How to include timestamp ?

See our award-winning line of tape and disk-based
backup & recovery solutions at http://www.overlandstorage.com