Postgresql in Toronto

От DForsyth@symcor.com
Тема Postgresql in Toronto
Дата
Список pgsql-jobs
Please post the following job description.

Thank you

Symcor Inc. is one of North America’s largest business outsourcing
companies. We have the expertise, size and technology to deliver
cost-effective services designed to transform and enhance our customers’
businesses. We are an industry leader in physical and electronic check
processing, payment processing, statement production and document
management.

Position: Postgresql DBA                                    Ref: SYM-3148
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Number of positions: 1

Purpose:   Symcor I s in the process of designing our next generation
archiving applications and will be working with Postgress SQL as a key part
of the architecture.

We have plans to implement it as part of our infrastructure. This is a DBA
role for someone skilled in Postgress,  to add to our DBA teams.  The
successful candidate  will spear head that initiative. This may  evolve to
a Data Architect type role, depending on experience of the successful
candidate we bring in.

Responsibilities:

·     To work with existing DBA team and integrate postgress knowledge and
skills to that team.
·     To become an active player in the implementation of Postgress to out
current database environment.
·     To be a subject matter expert in postgress SQL

Requirements:
Top:
1.  Postgress
2.  Design experience with Horizontally Partitioned Data (sometimes called
Federated Database Design)
Medium:
3.  Good base of SQL Skills (past Postgress)
4.  Open Source Experience
5.  Java and JDBC Experience/SKills
6.  Linux

Other: (not in Top Two)
7.  Data Pump Design/Experience
8.  Geoplexed Distributed Databases
9.  SOAP/SOA Skills

Interested candidates please e-mail resumes to:  recruitment@symcor.com

Please include the job code in the subject line of your e-mail.
Thank you to all interested applicants, however, only the applicants we
short-list will be contacted for an interview.

В списке pgsql-jobs по дате отправления: