Re: Oracle 10g Express - any danger for Postgres?

От Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com
Тема Re: Oracle 10g Express - any danger for Postgres?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org wrote on 10/31/2005 01:14:57 PM:

<snip>

> And I daresay that this _can_ be an attractive thing to businesses,
> supposing they offer a "production release," gratis.

<snip>
True, as long as there is no license clause for future revocation of the
free license at the vendor's whim.  Kinda like the M$ clause in their
*open* XML standard.  Also, without source, deployments still are under
threat of discontinued support.  Kinda like Solaris 9 when Sun said they
didn't know whether the x86 version would be released.