auto removing stale pid for postmaster NT service

От Tony_Chao@putnam.com
Тема auto removing stale pid for postmaster NT service
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I've seen this question a couple of times in the archives, but I wasn't
able to find a solution. Please advise if you know of a workaround.

I have postmaster install as a service throught cygrunsrv on my win2k
machine. The postmaster service starts and stops fine most of the time.
But if the server crashes without a proper shutdown, the postmaster.pid
is left behind and the postmaster service fails to start at the next boot.

Is there a way to delete stale postmaster.pid on boot-up before
the postmaster service is attempted to be started?

Thanks
-Tony