Re: schema level variables

От Paramveer.Singh@trilogy.com
Тема Re: schema level variables
Дата
Список pgsql-general

 hi
Thank you for your feedback.
Actually, we are trying to move to postgres as a company, and not just move a particular project.
So we have to show the corporate hierarchy that this is not only good to move, but that it is feasible.
So we would like to rummage through as little of the legacy code as possible.
I am helping move one app for now (as a test case), but we would like to ensure smooth migration of the rest.
For this we are ready to contribute to postgres if necessary.
The gist is that it would be good if some of the features we use often could go into postgres itself.

Global variables (package/schema level) seem like a good feature addition to postgres. If someone could
give us some pointers on how to go about evaluating the feasibility of implementation, that would be very helpful.

thanks
Paramveer Singh

Shridhar Daithankar <shridhar@frodo.hserus.net>

15/09/2004 09:21 PM