Re: Can we overload = operator to word numeric = text

От venkatrao.b@tcs.com
Тема Re: Can we overload = operator to word numeric = text
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Dear Pavel,

Thanks a lot...

It worked.

Regards,
Venkat

From:Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>
To:venkatrao.b@tcs.com
Cc:pgsql-novice@postgresql.org, pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Date:03/09/2010 04:07 PM
Subject:Re: [GENERAL] Can we overload = operator to word numeric = text

2010/3/9  <venkatrao.b@tcs.com>:

> Hello,
>
> We have migrated oracle  database to postgre.
> In oracle char to numeric type conversion is explicit (i.e. we can compare
> char = numeric); but in postgre it is throwing errors. There are so many
> functions - around 2000, and we can not go and do explict type casting in
> every function , where there is problem.
>
> Is there any way to come out of this problem. I mean is there any way to
> make = operator work for numeric = charater varying .
> Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

try

create or replace function num_text_eq(numeric, varchar)
returns bool as $$
 select $1 = $2::numeric$$
language sql;

create operator = ( leftarg=numeric,  rightarg=varchar, procedure=num_text_eq);
postgres=# select 10='10';
?column?
----------
(1 row)

regards
Pavel Stehule

> Venkat

> and any attachments. Thank you

and any attachments. Thank you

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Can we overload = operator to word numeric = text