Re: Problem with pg_log file corrupted

От YekFu.Wong@seagate.com
Тема Re: Problem with pg_log file corrupted
Дата
Список pgsql-general
---------------------- Forwarded by YekFu Wong on 04/26/2001 02:27 PM
---------------------------

YekFu Wong
04/26/2001 07:26 AM

To:   "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> @ INTERNET
cc:
Subject:  Re: [GENERAL] Problem with pg_log file corrupted  (Document link:
      YekFu Wong)

I am using postgreSQL version 6.5.3
I think probably the transaction was inconsistent when there is a power
failure
when user try to update data to tables through webpage.
Now, I can't do #pgaccess [database name] ....
It will prompt me the same error saying cannot flush block 8 of pg_log
file.....
Since pg_log file is a binary file, I don;t know how to restore it...
I tried to delete the file but then, I can;t open any database without the
file.
I am trying to upgrade the postgreSQL version now...see whether it helps.
Thanks.

"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>@postgresql.org on 04/26/2001 06:27:14 AM

Sent by:  pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org