Re: Storing jpgs

От Bob.Henkel@hartfordlife.com
Тема Re: Storing jpgs
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I won't say what is right or wrong to do.  But some will say to store the
file location in a field such as /mydocs/mypictures/myimage.jpg and then
have your php or what ever open that file. by using a select statement.
Not sure how you would store them in the database and pull it righ out. I
would prefer your method for many reasons.  For one backing up the database
also backups up all your image files. Good luck.

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "C G"                  |
|         |           <csgcsg39@hotmail.com> |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           pgsql-general-owner@pos|
|         |           tgresql.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           04/05/2004 11:20 AM    |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->

  |       To:       pgsql-general@postgresql.org
        |
  |       cc:
        |
  |       Subject:  [GENERAL] Storing jpgs

Dear All,

What's the best way to store jpgs in postgresql to use in a web page?

I tried to use large objects, but how would you extract them from a table
be viewed in a web-page without having to write them to a scratch file
somewhere first?

Thanks

Colin

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may
containproprietary, confidential and/or privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
copying,disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient,
pleasenotify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.