Re: sql type reported for enum

От rcohen@e1b.org
Тема Re: sql type reported for enum
Дата
Re: sql type reported for enum
Список pgsql-jdbc
It breaks the jdbc meta-data; that is for an enum column

        columnsResultSet.getInt("DATA_TYPE")

now returns Types.VARCHAR.

This breaks some of my code;  it also breaks DBUnit's support for postgres.  Now
I can code around this, but should the metadata be reporting that an enum column
is of  type Types.VARCHAR?   This seems like incorrect behavior.

Yes, enums should probably be avoided, but that isn't an option for me
right now.

Ross

From:        Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com>
To:        "Hudson, Derrick" <dhudson@redcom.com>,
Cc:        "rcohen@e1b.org" <rcohen@e1b.org>, "pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org" <pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org>
Date:        08/19/2015 09:18 AM
Subject:        Re: [JDBC] sql type reported for enum
Sent by:        davecramer@gmail.com

So what does this break ?

FWIW, I avoid enum's for many reasons and use check constraints instead.

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca

http://www.credativ.ca

On 19 August 2015 at 09:11, Hudson, Derrick <dhudson@redcom.com> wrote:
There is the following change, which may be related:

https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/changelog.html#version_9.2-1003

    Author: Tom Dunstan Date: Sun Jul 7 16:20:41 2013 +0930
    Make PreparedStatement.getObject() for an enum type return a string rather than a PGObject