Query performance issue

От Jayadevan M
Тема Query performance issue
Дата
Re: Query performance issue
Список pgsql-performance
Hello all,
I have a query which takes about 20 minutes to execute and retrieves 2000-odd records. The explain for the query is pasted here
http://explain.depesz.com/s/52f
The same query, with similar data structures/indexes and data comes back in 50 seconds in Oracle. We just ported the product to PostgreSQL and are testing it. Any input on what to look for?

Possible relevant parameters are
shared_buffers = 4GB
temp_buffers = 8MB
work_mem = 96MB
maintenance_work_mem = 1GB
effective_cache_size = 8GB
default_statistics_target = 50

It is a machine with 16 GB RAM.
Regards,
Jayadevan

DISCLAIMER:

"The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication. IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."