How to find out about the functions supported in Postgres 8

От laurie.burrow@powerconv.alstom.com
Тема How to find out about the functions supported in Postgres 8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In another thread (Re: [GENERAL] Return value of 'serial' column on insert)
Bruno Wolff wrote

> You can use the currval function to get the id. Normally the sequence
> will have a name like table_column_seq. In 8.0, there is a function
> you can use to get the sequence name, which is a bit more robust than
> hard coding it.

This sounds well useful. How do I find out what the functions available in
Postgres 8 are,  and what their usage  and calling parameters are?
Thanks
Laurie

CONFIDENTIALITY : This  e-mail  and  any attachments are confidential and
may be privileged. If  you are not a named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use
it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.