Re: Problem with VB-DirectODBC selecting text-fields [EBEWE: Virus

От Wolfgang.Fuertbauer@ebewe.com
Тема Re: Problem with VB-DirectODBC selecting text-fields [EBEWE: Virus
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi Corey,

On 08.03.2002 04:29:52 "Corey W. Gibbs" wrote:
>Wie geht es Ihinen (hope i got that right, it's been 15 years since i've
>taken German :))

:) Yes you got that right or: Danke, es geht mir gut. with a little
headache because the below described trouble ;-)

>Howdy Wolfgang,
>Try enclosing criteria in single quotes '
>so Select Groessen from Weg where Bsnr='15947' etc...

don't know if I got that right; I'm enclosing the query-criteria; see:

Select Groessen from Weg where Bsnr = '14957' and Znr = '1' and
wegkz => '1'

I think, that the problem is, that field "groessen" is defined as fieldtype
text;
I created a separte table where field groessen is defined as varchar(65535)
(I'm porting an MS-Access-Application and in Access this field is a
memo-type)
and it works perfect;

? do I have to configure the ODBC-Driver: no check on "Text as longvarchar"
???

best regards
Wolfgang

>> Set myConn = myWs.OpenConnection("", _
>>                             dbDriverNoPrompt, _
>>                             False,_
>>                             "ODBC;dsn=PostgreSQL;uid=postgres;pwd=;")
>> sql = "Select Groessen from Weg where Bsnr = '14957' and Znr = '1' and
>wegkz => '1'"
>> Set rs = myConn.OpenRecordset(Sql, _
>>                          dbOpenSnapshot, _
>>                          dbExecDirect, _
>>                          dbOptimistic)
>>
>Should get you going.  In order to pass variables, you'd need to use the &
>in VB so the above select line would be:
>dim foo as string
>dim bar as integer
>
>sql = "Select Groessen from Weg where Bsnr = '" & foo & "' and Znr = & '
>"bar & " ' and wegkz => & '"bar  & "'"
>
>notice the single quotes in the above? hope this helps.
>
>corey

Bsnr