Re: Uninstall mess Postgresql 7.3.4, 8.1.4 on Redhat 9

От MargaretGillon@chromalloy.com
Тема Re: Uninstall mess Postgresql 7.3.4, 8.1.4 on Redhat 9
Дата
Список pgsql-general

>>On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 03:06:32PM -0700, MargaretGillon@chromalloy.com wrote:
>> account and the system's knowledge of the  posgresql 8.1.4 software. The
>> system will no longer run 8.1.4 even when I go to the /bin/ to run the
>> commands. The data is still present and so is the 8.1.4 software. I remade

>What happens then?  Error messages?  It's hard to tell what the
>problem might be.

When the system boots there is a FAILED error when the server tries to load postgresql8.

If I manually run
        /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql8 start
the message is
        standard in must be tty
                        [FAILED]

>> the postgres account on the server and gave it permission's to 8.1.4
>> directories but still no dice. I have multiple backups of the database
>> that are okay.

> How did you remake the account?  Same UID?

I don't know what the UID was. I used adduser to remake the postgres Redhat account.

>> Would my best bet be to download and install 8.2.5 and import the backup?
>> Or do I need to get 8.1.4 running, and how do I do that?

>Adding 8.2.x to your headaches won't make it better, for sure -- it's
>just another layer of incompatibility.

If versions can run in parallel why would installing the new version affect the 8.1.4 version?

Margaret Gillon

Сообщение: Re: For index bloat: VACUUM ANALYZE vs REINDEX/CLUSTER
Сообщение: Re: For index bloat: VACUUM ANALYZE vs REINDEX/CLUSTER