Not connecting to the postgresql server

От espeake@oreillyauto.com
Тема Not connecting to the postgresql server
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
I need help with why my server is having issues.  There is nothing in the
logs showing any errors on startup.  This is the command and error I get
from a remote server when testing.

psql -h 172.16.36.231 -p 9999 -l

psql: ERROR:  MD5 authentication is unsupported in replication,
master-slave and parallel modes.
HINT:  check pg_hba.conf

This is from the pg_hba file on my master pgpool server.

host    all    postgres      <xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/xx>   trust

The ip address covers the entire network at the moment.

Looking through the help documents through out the internet not really
finding guidance.  running version 3.3.3-1

Thanks,
Eric Speake
Web Systems Administrator
O'Reilly Auto Parts(417) 862-2674  Ext. 1975

This communication and any attachments are confidential, protected by Communications Privacy Act 18 USCS � 2510, solely
forthe use of the intended recipient, and may contain legally privileged material. If you are not the intended
recipient,please return or destroy it immediately. Thank you.