Re: pgadmin csv problems

От Michiel Lange
Тема Re: pgadmin csv problems
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Thanks for the quick response...
I think I found the real problem. I should've added a semicolon (my
field-delimiter) after each line... that kind of worked...

However now I get into a trickier problem:
there's a field I named 'level', so to see there's a small problem with
that... because there are quotes placed around it automatically... It
results in this query (from the logfile):
conn=47841352, query='INSERT INTO public.items ("itemname",
"wearlocation", ""level"", "str", ""int"", "wis", "dex", "con", "ac",
"age", "arm", "av", "dam", "hit", "hp", "hr", "lb", "man", "mov", "sex",
""Area"", "save_vs_spell", "alignment") VALUES ('An oaken staff   ',
'Wield', '"10"', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0',
'0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', 'Moonshae Islands', '0', '0')'
ERROR from backend during send_query: 'ERROR:  parser: zero-length
delimited identifier at or near """" at character 55'

And so there's also the field 'int', which will give the same problem.
I will try to rename the fields, and if that's not possible rebuild the
schema...

Michiel out...
thanks for the help though! I'll see if it is possible to import data with
the query tool... and thus import csv files...

De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en
is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht
onterecht ontvangt, wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te gebruiken en
de afzender direct te informeren door het bericht te retourneren.
The information contained in this message may be confidential
and is intended to be exclusively for the addressee. Should you
receive this message unintentionally, please do not use the contents
herein and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail.

Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>
01-12-2003 13:36
       To:     Michiel Lange <Michiel_Lange@actuera.com>       cc:     pgadmin-support@postgresql.org       Subject:
   Re: [pgadmin-support] pgadmin csv problems

Michiel Lange wrote:

>Hello everybody!
>
>I recently ran into a (hopefully small) problem. When I dump a database
>a CSV file with pgadmin II (Could not find the option to do it in pgAdmin
>III, which is a pity, I really like the feature)

Can't help with pgAdmin2, but in pgAdmin3 you can run a query in the
query tool and export the result, or run the query directly to a file
(CSV with some options).

Regards,
Andreas