Re: PL/pgSQL nested functions

От Jim.Gray@Bull.com
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL nested functions
Дата
Список pgsql-general

>...why would you want to nest functions?

I am not nesting the functions myself,
but I am trying to convert existing PL/SQL code to PL/pgSQL.

From what I have seen, the nesting of functions is to modularize the code
and share global variables within the same procedure.

"Raymond O'Donnell" <rod@iol.ie>

06/10/2010 01:33 PM

Please respond to
rod@iol.ie

Jim.Gray@Bull.com
cc
pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject
Re: [GENERAL] PL/pgSQL nested functions

On 10/06/2010 21:23, Jim.Gray@Bull.com wrote:

> Are there any plans to allow PL/pgSQL functions to be nested like Oracle
> allows with PL/SQL procedures?

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm curious - why would
you want to nest functions?

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland