Solaris 8 ./confgure problem.

От JStanczak@vinu.edu
Тема Solaris 8 ./confgure problem.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm trying to build Postgresql on my Solaris 8 Sparc box. After I set the
CC variable to point to
my /usr/local/bin where I installed my gcc, I get the following error when
I run the ./configure script.

# ./configure
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking which template to use... solaris
checking whether to build with locale support... no
checking whether to build with recode support... no
checking whether to build with multibyte character support... no
checking whether to build with Unicode conversion support... no
checking for default port number... 5432
checking for default soft limit on number of connections... 32
checking for gcc... /usr/bin
checking whether the C compiler (/usr/bin  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.
#

I think that I've see this error before, but not sure where. Can someone
tell me
what I need to do to build Posgresql on my Solaris server?