Cannot connect to remote database.

От Kristina Magwood
Тема Cannot connect to remote database.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I am trying to connect to two psql databases at once using jdbc.
The first database is v7.3 running on Windows under Cygwin, the second is v8.01 on Windows both on the local LAN.
The pg_hba.conf files on both machines allow any machine on the LAN to access the database.
People regularly access the v7.3 database from Crystal Reports, so I know it's available.

When I try to run the jar from the first machine, I am able to connect to the local database, but not the remote database.
The same thing happens when I try from the second machine.

The error is:
Backend start-up failed: FATAL: database "xxx" does not exist.
Where xxx is the name of the database on the remote server.
In other words, my program is only looking for databases on the local machine.

The code I use to connect is:

DriverManager.registerDriver(new org.postgresql.Driver());
String serviceArg = jdbc:postgresql:xxx//<ipAddress>/<port>;
m_conn = DriverManager.getConnection(serviceArg, m_userName, m_userPassword);

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kristina Magwood